This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone please help me , eBay problem!!!!?
04-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Someone please help me , eBay problem!!!!?
I sold my blackberry on eBay but the seller has only sent a pending payment through PayPal saying I have to send the package first then my account will be credited and I don't like the sound of any of this, can I just remove my item from eBay and never contact her again? Or what can I do , please help I'm worried this person is trying to pull wool over my eyes!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 11:46 AM

You can cancel the buy. If it seems susipicous (and it does) then don't. No, normally they pay first then you sell your item since they are covered and your not.

Ads

04-13-2014, 11:59 AM

DO not send phone until pending payment has cleared. If you do, the buyer can cancel payment easily. If the payment doesn't clear within 7 days or the buy pulls out from buying the phone then report the buyer to ebay for non payment. Pending payment usually means the buyer has not set up paypal correctly or has not enough funds in their bank account.
04-13-2014, 12:11 PM

If your paypal shows a pending balance, you received a confirmed payment from your buyer, and on your ebay there is a blue dollar sign next to the item you sold, you shouldn't worry because has a rule where they hold the money for new sellers for up to 21 days in pending status. If you upload the tracking number, paypal will release the money from pending to an available balance within 4 days after it has been shown as delivered to your buyer.
04-13-2014, 12:15 PM

For the first few transactions as a new seller, any payments to you are held by Paypal until the buyer receives the item. It is Paypal that hold the payment, not the buyer.

It's to prevent people selling imaginary things then just taking the money and vanishing...

As long as it shows in there that the payment has been made and is held/pending (whatever they call it), send the item to the buyer.

Make sure it's well packed and sent by an insured service (or special delivery) - you are legally responsible for ensuring it gets to the buyer OK. As it's a valuable item, you need both signature so they can't say they have not received it, and insurance in case it really gets lost or damaged in the post.

Once the buyer has the item and leaves feedback, or after a few days, Paypal will release the payment to you.

Sales on ebay are legally binding, you cannot just ignore it without causing yourself trouble.
04-13-2014, 12:26 PM

Tell the buyer that you cannot possibly send the item until the payment has cleared into your account. I would also get in touch with Paypal and/or ebay and let them know what this buyer wants you to do. Lots of dodgy people deal in phones these days.
Fill this in for Ebay from Ebay help and let them advise you on the situation, let them know what the seller wants you to do
http://spd.ebay.co.uk/RBASellerHub
04-13-2014, 12:28 PM

It will be pending because
(a) paypal are making sure that you send the goods

(b) The email address is wrong

© it's an e-cheque and will take a few days to go through.

Log onto paypal, look at the transaction details.

If paypal tells you to send, then send via SPECIAL DELIVERY. Click on transaction details.
It wil look like:

"OK to send the item
Payment Status: Completed
We recommend that you:
Send to the buyer's address on this page
Use a delivery service with signature confirmation
Save all tracking information or other proof of postage"

Recorded delivery is no good for loss/insurance on mobile phones.