This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are these ads or ...a virus ? have u seen these ?
04-13-2014, 01:21 PM
are these ads or ...a virus ? have u seen these ?
there is no easy way to say it so i just captured the image from the screen .
http://i.imgur.com/LC1y5nM.jpg

as u can see its like this in any website i go to... EVEN YAHOO, the words highlighted in dark blue are ads .

Its just pure bullshit ADs ... it selects random words on the webpage and funny images - goto http://www.public8media.com.

have u come across this problem

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 01:35 PM

It looks like you may have an unknown toolbar/addon to your browser.

If you click on them, it usually takes you to a site somewhat about the words you clicked on..

Can be and cannot be a virus. Depends on if the website makes you download something. Usually browsers will automatically block bad websites with bloat ware, male ware, etc.

Ads

04-13-2014, 01:37 PM

What you have is Adware it is 80% of the time clean of viruses(key Loggers or Rats)
most of the time it is an installed tool bar or a free game downloader which cause adds. and sometimes its the website itself but most of the time it isnt the website its yourself.
try to delete all the tool bars you have etc

and just to be sure it isnt a virus download Malwarebytes this would be the most secure and pick up the smallest of Trojans,worms etc
04-13-2014, 01:48 PM

I've had this problem. Go into your extetions/add-ons/plugins and disable all of them. Once you've done that, enable them one by one (except the ones you don't want). Once you've disabled them all, you shouldn't get the ads anymore. Once you enable the plugin that controls the ads, you'll see the ads again. This should make it easy to spot the one that handles the ads. Once you find it, just delete it or keep it disabled (Or get ads, if you'd like.)

In future, have a look at what add-ons are being installed when you install software from places like Bittrrent, uTorrent, Microsoft, etc.