This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to maintain a successful blog?
04-13-2014, 01:56 PM
How to maintain a successful blog?
I've started a blog on tumblr not so long ago that's for sharing drawing ideas, practice tips, and creativity-boosting activities. it's rapidly gained a total of 139 followers, which isn't much really, but it's happened in only a few short months. It certainly has the potential to become at least a little popular doesn't it?? Well, that being said, I have try harder to maintain it if I want it to happen. And I have just a few questions on how.... So.

1.How many times per day should I post?
2.What time(s) of the day is best for posting?
3.What else can I do to maintain a successful blog?

Thank you in advance for your answers c: and sorry for the somewhat unnecessary anecdote xD

Oh, and you can check out my blog here, btw: http://miss-sweetsosweets-inspirations.tumblr.com/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 02:06 PM

There is no right answer for this sadly. You know your audience, so you should cater for your audience accordingly

Ads

04-13-2014, 02:18 PM

keep writing and reflect opinions wisely!
04-13-2014, 02:21 PM

For one thing, make you page load faster, taking several seconds to load causes a percentage of people to "Bounce" before the site even loads, these bounds rates tend to harm your search engine ranking, just your header image alone is 450K, if you pre-sized it fit the page and used a lower jpeg compression quality setting, you could get it down to closer to 45K, carefully tuning the sizing and compression of other images will speed the load time for people with moderate connection speed. Clear the cache of your browser to get a fairer look at the first time visitor load time.

Here's a Search Engine Optimization primer by an SEO authority, too much of the stuff taught by others is out of date or simply inaccurate.
http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo

Search engines like text more than images, try to be more verbose when it fits, links from other sits are pretty essential for search ranking as well.
04-13-2014, 02:33 PM

Hello!!!
I am from the digital marketing field,I daily used to use tumblr and other such website to post some articles.It is very good if you have now 139 followers on tumblr,that means your post is quite attractive and admirable.A successful blog should be informative and relevant to its topic because some articles have different title and different content inside it which is not allowed by Google.
A good content should have a proper title with some good images(HD would be very best) and some well quality of back links and an informative Video when make it a full attractive content.Content matters a lot on website..you can refer it http://marketmongoose.com/methodology/
If you asking about time then 12pm to 4 pm is the appropriate time to post.Just index it in very good manner.
Otherwise your content is good.
All the best Smile
04-13-2014, 02:42 PM

First, Try to write the Genuine content on your blog, useful matter for viewers, easily understand the language, Daily 3 posts will be successful blog and connect google analytics.

all the best dude
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM

To maintain a successful blog, you need to go through Google's latest update and try to work accordingly.Google has recently updated and majorly focused on content, it should be unique and appropriate according to the latest update on that topic.After making a blog try to make quality backlinks which help your blog to grab more attention of the niche related users.

1.How many times per day should I post?
Your post should not depend on times, but it should be according to users need with appropriate information regarding that topic.
2.What time(s) of the day is best for posting?
Anytime you can make your post, just focus on quality backlink for that blog, which surely help you to attract niche related users on your blog in a min time.
3.What else can I do to maintain a successful blog?
Go through social media and try to promote your blog with proper description.
04-13-2014, 02:56 PM

post about 2/3 times will be great
don't type too long cuz long rambling blog entries can be turn off and pictures spoke thousand of words
don't post about the same topic cuz some ppl might bored lol

here's an example(even thought I still finding a excellent blog that I likes lol)
http://musicplayson.onsugar.com/