This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Instagram build confidence?
04-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Can Instagram build confidence?
I'm 15 year old tenth grader and my confidence isn't the best. I don't have an Instagram but thought taking pics might help. Everyone says they don't understand why I don't but I don't see my beauty. Help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 04:33 AM

look am one year smaller to u and I do have confidence ( according to myself n my family ) okay soo to build confidence try to do the follow
1. look in ppl's eye when u talk
2. meet new ppl
3. believe in ur self
4. if some 1 questions u n u don't know perfect answer but some what know it say it but with a little confidance n boldness in ur voice

that's all try it out hope I helped u

p.s.;- take care and n birth date is not real Tongue

Ads

04-14-2014, 04:48 AM

It's a two-sided debate. Studies have shown that social media site such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. make people feel unhappy after they go on it because they envy other people's pictures, friends, followers, and posts.

If you're popular at your school and can gain followers or take really creative and thoughtful pictures then I'm positive it can gain confidence.

Instagram, in my opinion, doesn't really measure beauty. Just popularity. You can be the most beautiful girl in school and not have that many followers.
04-14-2014, 04:55 AM

I'm 18 and have been through that stuff recently so let me tell you how I think my awesome experience advice shit is. At 15 no matter what no one is pretty enough or attractive enough because that's what every tv show says and every commercial. Social media stuff is horrible for confidence no matter what. At some point someone will get into a fight with you because you apparently stole their boyfriend or girlfriend or some other stupid reason and say your ugly and fat even if your ninety pounds and pretty. I suggest staying off that stuff. Also, nearly everyone hates the person that constantly posts pictures of themselves because it's seen as vain, conceited, etc. also it's extremely annoying, at fifteen, I hated myself and thought I was unattractive and I was extremely uncomfortable in my skin. A few years later I learned to stop caring as much about what people thought did more of what I enjoyed. I didn't worry about wearing sexual tight clothes, or wearing make up and I have had the same loving boyfriend since the eighth grade, and I make new friends all the time in college. High school sucks and is full of stupid people you'll never see again until your high school reunion in twenty years, at fifteen you're not really supposed to have confidence. So don't worry if it takes a couple years.