This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your preferred social media website for uploading photographs?
04-14-2014, 05:11 AM
What is your preferred social media website for uploading photographs?
This is intended as a college research paper. No personal information will be disclosed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 05:21 AM

depends on the purpose of the photos. if theyre for personal storage (stock), for social media intended or portfolio photos. i would answer flickr although i havent uploaded any photos there for the last two years.

Ads

04-14-2014, 05:32 AM

Instagram
04-14-2014, 05:44 AM

Facebook.
04-14-2014, 05:50 AM

I put NO "serious" photography on such sites. I dump some snapshot or family type stuff on Facebook from time to time mainly for other people or as simple conversation starters.

steve
04-14-2014, 06:00 AM

If I were still at the university, I would first do a survey of all the social media websites, whether popular or obscure.

I would them build a matrix and include the features of each as well as the security safe guards each site provides as well as any security failures in the past.

Popular does not necessarily mean "preferred"...

Frankly, exposing photographs to possible theft or misuse, keeps most professional and advanced amateurs from using social media sits at all to post photographs unless they are first watermarked with their copyright notice and reduced in resolution to something like 600 x 400 pixles at 72 ppi.

Social media sites are NOT a way to store images, since they can disappear overnight with all the users images. For backup or storage, secure sites like BackBlaze or CrashPlan are two of the best image cloud backup sites, but this does not negate the necessity of keeping local backup of the photos including archived M-Disc DVDs and BD discs.
04-14-2014, 06:02 AM

Facebook, it's the only one I use.
04-14-2014, 06:16 AM

At the moment my preferred site is Behance, for sharing my creative work.

But I'm not enthusiastic about the so-called "social" aspect of social media sites. Facebook and Twitter leave me cold, even though I have accounts, I rarely use them at all now - too many morons I fear.

Flickr is more interesting, more photography orientated, but I think the social aspect has probably died a death on Flickr.

Call me unsociable if you want!!