This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Working among silver age?
04-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Working among silver age?
Hello, I am a very passionate volunteer who works in a retirement village. My job is to carry out computer lessons with a group residents. However I cannot progress my lesson due to the age limit that certainly exists.

I help them with facebook to keep them in touch with their relatives but most fail to remember the names therefore difficult to get in touch with their relatives.
Tried helping them with sending mails, checking stock prices and online card games and such. I am running out of ideas of what the residents may find interesting in internet.

The residents are between age 70-100, generation X that feels too old to adapt to generation N.
Please give me some ideas people, I can see so much potential in teaching how to use computer as it will certainly keep them entertained (They are normally very bored) and prevent demetia and such.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 12:01 PM

How about forgetting getting these folk to get with it, facebook/emails etc and show them how to use the computer to look up things that do interest them.

Think you'll find they will engage better with you if you can find something that stimulates conversation. Try gardens/travel/cooking/animals/music sites.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply