This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5 Stars!! Internet on the computer is NOT working but ipod touches and those devices are working?
04-14-2014, 12:39 PM
5 Stars!! Internet on the computer is NOT working but ipod touches and those devices are working?
so turned on the computer tried to get on google... and it said that the local connection was not working and something was unplugged which everything was plugged in just fine.. and then a guy called telling me the computer wasnt working... i know its a scam but how did he know? was it coincidently? but anyway how do i fix this internet problem?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 12:45 PM

Coincidental. They&#x27;ve been phoning around saying that someone&#x27;s computer isn&#x27;t working and that they need to open a connection over the internet to your PC and steal stuff. So it&#x27;s fine. Just a regular scam trying to fool the gullible.
As for your actual connection... I can&#x27;t suggest anything more except unplugging and replugging the Ethernet cable (if it&#x27;s not wireless) and if that doesn&#x27;t work, turn the router off and on? It does the trick for me when I have Ethernet cable issues.
If it&#x27;s not an Ethernet cable, it sounds like the wifi might not be enabled. If it is enabled, try disconnecting and reconnecting, if that doesn&#x27;t work, turn the router off and on. That should do the trick.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply