This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be mean to block this guy?
04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Would it be mean to block this guy?
I just started a Zoosk profile, and I've been getting messages from several guys. I've been talking to them all, and one in particular is kind of getting clingy and annoying.

He seems like a very sweet guy, but his behavior is almost stalker-like. He's Indian, and this has been my experience with Indian guys who grew up in India and then moved to the US for school - they generally get very attached for no real reason very quickly, and are talking about marriage within the first conversation (I'm not racist - my parents are Indian and I grew up in the US). We had a few minutes of uninteresting small talk, and he talked about how he really wants to meet me. He lives 300 miles away and is talking about traveling here.

He asked for my phone number the first conversation, and I naively gave it - big mistake. I also gave him my facebook profile URL, and saw that he was not the same person in his Zoosk profile picture - he is a nice-looking, but short and skinny guy, while the picture on his Zoosk profile is some Indian athlete or male model. That was two days ago, and he has now called me three times (I didn't pick up). He has messaged me multiple times on both Facebook and Zoosk and asked if we could talk. He will first say "hi" and then again "hi" an hour later, followed by "are u there?" after 30 minutes, and "can we talk" after another hour. Earlier today, he asked if we could meet for Valentine's Day - I have never had a date on Valentine's Day and really wanted one this year (I'm 29), but with someone I really like. This guy I mostly just feel sorry for.

Now, I see on Facebook that he has sent me a request to be his girlfriend, so everyone would see that I am "In a Relationship with **** ****". I feel for the guy, I really do, but I've never been in a serious relationship with anyone before to the point where I wanted to declare it on Facebook, and I always figured that when it finally happened, it would be with someone who was really right for me.

It's getting to the point where I really want to block him on both Zoosk and Facebook - his constant messages are a nuisance, and to be honest I'm a little creeped out. But it seems like he's really attached and possibly unstable, and I don't want to be hurtful.

What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 03:07 PM

End it, fast. Do you really want to stay with someone the rest of your life who is clingy and lies? lol

Ads

04-14-2014, 03:14 PM

Leave him......