This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't post in yahoo groups?
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
I can't post in yahoo groups?
The text area to reply to a post in any of my groups is not letting me do anything. The field is dead. I can type in the title area, but not in the main body field. No curser appears, no text appears. It's like a grayed out thing.

Yahoo support.... argh. THREE rounds, and several days before they finally say they are looking into it.
I thought perhaps someone here might be more on top of it than their own help.
(At least yahoo has help. Even if I have to go several rounds of BS before someone reads the problem.)

Before anyone gives me the obvious.
DO NOT tell me to clear cookies, cache, install a new browser, buy a new computer or spin counter clockwise in a south bound wind.
I already clear cache on a daily basis. Cookies I DO NOT want to clear.
I tried on two computers. An old macbook pro, AND a brand spanking new imac. (not even two weeks old.) It would not have a cookie issue. OR cache. BOTH do the same thing. I simply cannot type anything in the text field.

And yes, I am a member of many groups. Long time now. So not an issue of not being allowed, or accepted or anything like that. They worked fine for a long time.

I have not posted in any group in many months but I do get weekly updates from group moderators or what ever in my email. Just a short email. It was when I recently tried to look into more details about a post when this came to light.

I seriously doubt this is just a mac thing. Macs aren't the odd ball systems they once were.

Perhaps because I never set up a "profile???" Never had to before and DO NOT WANT TO!
I just want to read and reply to the occasional thread in a group. And if this is the issue, WHY then am I not prompted thusly?

I DO NOT USE FACEBOOK.
OR GOOGLE anything. Neither one has any form of support what so ever and I want nothing to do with them. So if logging in with either is the issue, then I'll just forget about ever using yahoo groups again.

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?

Hope this is allowed, but if you care to ask me further questions, I can be found.
Artmakersworlds dot com
thanks in advance. hope someone has a clue here.
Did I not say DO NOT tell me about clearing things? Thanks for NOT reading my question.
I know how to clear cookies. This happened on a BRAND NEW computer. So cookies could not be the problem.

I figured this out. Adblock was preventing the text field from working. It doesn't do that with any other site. I use text fields all day. But it does on yahoo. So fine. If I want to use groups I have to pause adblock

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 07:12 PM

It's an issue with your Ad Block

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply