This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Okay so a while ago there was a party at a friends house and I was feeling ill pretty much the whole day. I wa?
04-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Okay so a while ago there was a party at a friends house and I was feeling ill pretty much the whole day. I wa?
obviously tired and fell asleep in this guys living room. I woke up several hours later, around 3 ish and walked home. I then woke up later that day to a group Facebook chat which included everyone from the party, and apparently a can if beer had been spilt on the family laptop. The mother was asking for everyone to pay £6.50 towards repairing this and I personally as I knew I had not broken it said "it's a bit unfair that people who know they haven't broken it to have to pay" however I did also say that I know it must be bad for the mother to have to ask everyone for £6.50. The very next day my £6.50 was paid and thought everything was dealt with, however I was wrong. This friend who has small parties quite often had another one the following week. But I was not invited? They were solely blaming me for breaking the laptop and being disrespectful to the mother and she has 'banned' me from ever going round there again. My father and her had apparently resolved whatever issue there was

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 10:31 PM

What's the question?

Anyway, I don't think it's that unreasonable if you have the money available to chip in, but generally I'd consider myself a giving person so everyone might not agree. They opened their home to guests and damage occurred. No one is going to want to admit that it was them who spilled the drink and the family is probably aware of that and thus decided to just ask for a smaller amount of money from everyone at the party. The alternative is probably them not having parties again. If money is an issue for you, I would personally contact the person in private and let them know that I don't have a lot of money and that I'm sorry for the damage done but that I know with absolute certainty that it wasn't me responsible for the damage.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply