This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is It Bad If I Don't Seed on uTorrent?
04-15-2014, 04:40 AM
Is It Bad If I Don't Seed on uTorrent?
I searched up what seeding is ( https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/in...120AAtTOLO ) and I didn't fully understand what a leecher is or
who a peer is, plus if I don't seed am I a bad person or a "leecher" or something?

Thanks if you answered! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 04:52 AM

People Seeds when they like torrent, or they found good. and leech when they think found fake or problems in torrent. So download the torrent which has good seeds and less leeches.

Ads

04-15-2014, 05:05 AM

Some websites use trackers that will ban you if your ratio (uploaded/downloaded) is too low. This is all dependent upon which sites you are acquiring your torrents from. If it's a site you don't have to be a member to download, then don't worry about your ratio (at that point it's just a moral thing).
04-15-2014, 05:20 AM

Seeder is someone who has the entire content of the torrent and contributing it to the community. Leecher is someone selfish who downloads the content of the torrent and avoid seeding them back to others. Since it is a free thing which lets people to share things, and we download files because other people are seeding back to the community, it's just fair that we seed whatever the content we download back to the community. So, try to seed back whenever possible.

Regards,
Muditha Chathuranga
http://www.mudithac.com
04-15-2014, 05:32 AM

It depends on u, if u are selfish than obviously u would not seed as seeding is helpful for those people who are downloading the same thing.
04-15-2014, 05:42 AM

Nothing will happen to the movie you have saved on your computer. The only thing that will happen is that you will not be seeding it for other users.