This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get more traffic on craigslist?
04-15-2014, 07:15 AM
How to get more traffic on craigslist?
I do headlight restoration so I post adds everyday on craigslist I post 10 to 20 adds sometimes only 1 add I put pics and sometimes no pics. I can't understand I don't get 1 phone call. I'm going insane I don't understand? How do I get more calls on my business?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 07:21 AM

You are allowed a single ad for your business. What you have done is shown your potential customers that you are either greedy and unethical, or you are very careless. Otherwise, why would you abuse a free website? They don't trust you, and instead of calling you they ignore or flag your ads.

If you want Craigslist to work for you, you've got to use it honestly. Flag spammers and abusers. Post a single ad in Services clearly stating your business name, contact information, pricing, and other relevant information. One of the first checks potential customers do is to see if you are spamming, and avoid you if you are. Some may have reported you to staff, even! If you have a nice, clear ad that you renew every two days (that's an option that will show when the ad is 48 hours old) and you've done your share of work to make the site usable by flagging spam, you will find customers.

That's pretty much it. One good ad, renewed every 48 hours, and flag the spam. Fail to do that, and you'll continue to get crappy responses to your ads. A spam-filled category isn't usable and customers won't look there. A nice clean category without a lot of repetitive ads? They'll use it and respond and you'll get customers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply