This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you have an error while looking at someone's facebook profile, are they notified?
04-15-2014, 11:44 AM
When you have an error while looking at someone's facebook profile, are they notified?
One time I got a notification that said "so and so experienced an error while viewing your profile" or something like that. Is someone notified if their page becomes unresponsive and shuts down while you are looking at it? This just happened to be and it would be QUITE embarrassing if the person in question was notified. Just wondering.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 11:54 AM

nopeeee

Ads

04-15-2014, 11:59 AM

no they are not
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Facebook developed their website so that no one could know who has visited their profile. They made it this way to encourage as many people to join as possible.

I am surprised that you received the notification that you mention. I would not be surprised if it was a 3rd party application that was pretending to know what it was doing, when it didn't.

So, the answer is no, they can never be notified.
04-15-2014, 12:11 PM

no...not unless it was caused by you making any action on the page (i.e. commenting, liking, etc.) but if you are just viewing then no...they will not be notified
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Facebook has no such feature as of now.
Orkut has this feature and basically its good to know who has visited our profile.
However as of now facebook didnot have such notification feature...:-)