This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dish Network not showing picture on TV1?
04-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Dish Network not showing picture on TV1?
My current stereo amp crapped out so I am trying to bypass everything in order to keep watching Dish until I resolve that problem.

I have a Dish 625 receiver. I have run a brand new coax from TV1 out (ch3-4) directly to my TV. No signal/sound at all. Yes, I have run auto channel program and manually tried all channels suggested.

Now if I disconnect the TV2 coax and plug my new cord into that I get picture/sound just fine. Just not when it is plugged into TV1 out. Up until now I used the S-video so I have never actually tried to use coax for TV1.

Is it possible that connector coming out of the receiver is crap or am I just missing the obvious? Thanks for the help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Why not just use AV cables for TV1 as well? I don't even know if the receiver supports co-ax out.

Ads

04-15-2014, 02:07 PM

Hi there Joe, my name is Kimberly and I form part of the Social Media Department with DISH. If you have a coax cable connecting from your TV 1 out port from the receiver to the Tv In port on your Tv but you are not receiving a picture you can try connecting the receiver to the Tv using RCA cables. Since you have already tried connecting TV2 output port to the Tv and received a picture, most likely the TV 1 output port on our receiver is bad which means the receiver can be replaced. For further assistance feel free to reach me at: kimberly.escobar@dish.com or to contact us directly at 1-800-333-3474.

Kimberly Escobar
Social Media Representative
DISH L.L.C