This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Major interrupted internet issue?
04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Major interrupted internet issue?
Alright, so I went off to work and left my computer on, closed. No one else has access to it or anything like that.

I came back to a virus that wouldn't let me use the Windows OS, at all. It put a bit white block over everything and just had random gray letters at the top.

So, I turned it off, hit F8 on startup and did a restore to factory face because a regular system restore kept blocking me out.

It took forever, and I fell asleep not even half way through, but woke up to a 'brand new' computer. All my files were gone despite my Dell Data Backup having supposedly saved everything for me. But that was fine, it was mostly stuff I could easily re-obtain.

I downloaded my browsers(I like a huge varity so I have a good majority of the more popular ones, Opera being my favorite.)

And I did what most people enjoy doing, I went on youtube.

Videos constantly stopped loading, or just wouldn't start.
Google hangs up when I'm trying to search.
Downloads time-out or error because they took too long.

Internet connectivity tests show that my internet is considerably fast. My phone is fast, and PS3 are fast using OUR internet and do not have the same problem, so I come to the conclusion that it is my computer, and nothing to do with the router.

I've got a Dell Insprion with Win7 and I've tried(in all good hopes) a system restore again. It didn't work.

I tried turning off the firewall to both Windows and Mcafee(which helped with a firewall-strangle-hold problem I had before the virus), didn't work.

I imagine it's something in my registry? I'm no technical wizard and no one else seems to have this problem. I don't think it's the virus still present because, like I said, I restored to factory face(But I could be wrong, no?)

I am *Poor*. I cannot afford to buy any programs or bring my PC to geek squad. My warentee ran out almost three weeks before I got the virus(Specifically the one that I assume I no longer have).

Can someone tell me EVERY possibility there could be for an explanation as to why my computer keeps hanging up only with internet?

Everything else is fine(Save for Nero which never worked right to begin with). I can use my art programs, watch movies, play games etc--- but my internet is gagging on itself and it's something to do with *THIS* computer.

I've been dealing with it for almost 6 months now and enough is enough. I can't even listen to meditative calm music without having to wait for huge pauses in between or having to refresh without being sure if it'll load on the next re-try. I can't fluently search anything on google because it goes brain-dead the minute I finish typing in what I want to search(80% of the time anyway). I can't download even the smallest simplest things because something is strangling my internet.

I even had an external wireless adapter I got from Charter Communications. That worked for, oh.. all of ten minutes. There's no updates trying to come through from what I can see, and, it's MOSTLY only with wireless. Wired has some issues but it's light-speed to what I'm dealing with now, and it wasn't this way before the first restore.

Solution? Anyone? Please? I need a step-by-step walk through on how to fix this, and I need it soon because I can't afford a new computer just because this one suddenly has some kind of PMS issue with it's originally intended purpose. A Wireless Internet connection.
I need legit answers, not a link with pre-typed bull that doesn't help me at all like so many of you are so fond of doing. :C

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 06:39 PM

It's what virus/malwares do to your computer. There are some which disconnect your internet connection so that you would be unable to update your anti-virus/ scan for viruses.

Try the Free Bitdefender Online Virus Scanner
http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html‎

If it doesn't help then maybe your all system files have gone corrupted. You may need to Reformat the HDD & install the OS again.

You need the OS disc to do it. It's the last resort.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply