This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a seven year old rabbit still get pregnant ?
04-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Can a seven year old rabbit still get pregnant ?
I have a rabbit that is seven years old and she is really healthy ,has never been pregnant before ,and she lives inside. My other rabbit, witch is 6 months old, has got out a couple times since I got him??

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GOOD!! Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 06:58 PM

Unlikely most rabbits can reproduce after 6 or 7 years.

Ads

04-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Very unlikely. Does over two tend to have fat around their reproductive organs that makes conception unlikely. But it cannot be completely ruled out. She should have been spayed.

And you should get the buck neutered or at the very least make its housing escape proof.
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM

As the others have mentioned, it is unlikely for her to get pregnant especially if she hasn&#x27;t been bred before. it is even more unlikely for her to be bred if she has some fatty tissue. If she is still in shape than there is still a chance that she can become pregnant at 7 years old. A rabbit can live until she&#x27;s 14 and I&#x27;ve seen various the does being bred at older ages such as this. I would still be cautious and I would recommend neutering your buck or&#x2F;and keeping them apart (I understand that accidents do occur). He would have only just reached sexual maturity and would have a decreased chance of accomplishing anything at this point as well. So luck seems to be in your favor, but there is still that chance. Goodluck and feel free to find my rabbit discussion group on Facebook at S &amp; T Rabbitry. Smile