This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much would it cost to make a website?
04-15-2014, 09:31 PM
How much would it cost to make a website?
Okay so I want to create my own website, I'm thinking it could be filled with interesting articles and facts or maybe fun quizzes. I can totally bring audience to that site, around 7,000+ views in one day won't be hard for me. But how much does purchasing a website cost and do I have to pay monthly? Also I'm not quite clear on how I can earn money through it, will it be via adsense or are there more opportunities? I've been told that I can use my twitter/tumblr followers to my advantage and create my own platform. I just want some guidance, hope you guys can help me a bit!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 09:39 PM

About $50 per year from GoDaddy. Could be less, depending upon options.

Ads

04-15-2014, 09:55 PM

Why pay for a domain and host when you can have free ones

You can sign up for your own free account here: http://www.webstarts.com/?aff=HostFreeWeb
04-15-2014, 10:10 PM

The cost of your website will depend on:

- what you can do yourself
- what you are willing to learn and do by yourself
- what your friends or family or others can do for you at the lowest possible price

You can create a website for upwards of $25,000 with bells and whistles an information website needs. If you can do a lot of the things you need, you can create a website for under $100.

For an information based website, you will need:

- Domain - anywhere from $5-25 per year
- Content Management System such as Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla which are all free
- Site Design or website theme - some are free but premium themes can cost anywhere from $100 and up
- Logo - free if you can do it yourself or have someone do it for you for free
- Content - if you are going to write all your content, then cost is free except for your time and effort
- Web Hosting - can be as cheap as $8 per month to $1,000+ a month for dedicated servers

You monetize or earn money from an information based website through:

- Advertising - where you sell ads directly on your site
- Third party advertising - such as Google Adsense and other banner advertising and contextual advertising networks such as Kontera, Chitika
- Affiliate Programs such as Amazon's Associate program, Commission Junction
- Sell ebooks and other information products
- Subscription or membership program where you close off paid sections of your site to members

If you want to earn from an advertising network such as Adsense, better get your own domain. You have a stronger chance of getting approved (exception is with Blogger, which is owned by Google).