This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many url that we can add in a sitemap?
04-16-2014, 04:28 AM
How many url that we can add in a sitemap?
I want to create a sitemap for my site, due to google panda algorithm, how many url that we can add in a sitemap? (safe for SEO).

Any help I would be appreciate.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 04:37 AM

oh are you going to inserting the url on the bookmarking sites

Ads

04-16-2014, 04:47 AM

Sitemap files have a limit of 50,000 URLs and 10 megabytes per sitemap. Sitemaps can be compressed using gzip, reducing bandwidth consumption. Multiple sitemap files are supported, with a Sitemap index file serving as an entry point. Sitemap index files may not list more than 50,000 Sitemaps and must be no larger than 10MiB (10,485,760 bytes) and can be compressed. You can have more than one Sitemap index file.
04-16-2014, 05:01 AM

If it is a sitemap for internal linking, you can use as many as you want, just make sure to organize it well. If it is for submission to SE there are some rules you need to follow.
04-16-2014, 05:11 AM

A Sitemap file can contain no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 50MB when uncompressed. If your Sitemap is larger than this, break it into several smaller Sitemaps. These limits help ensure that your web server is not overloaded by serving large files to Google.if you want to know more then visit the link below
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin...wer=183668