This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HUGE addiction to Facebook?!?
04-16-2014, 05:33 AM
HUGE addiction to Facebook?!?
I have a serious addiction to Facebook. I spend 3-5 hours each day using FB rather than doing important homework assignments. I feel like I could be an A student, but FB is making me into a C/D student. I can't block it either because some important school stuff is on FB. Help!! What should I do?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 05:37 AM

remember you are wasting your life on stuff that will most likely dissappear in 2 years.

Ads

04-16-2014, 05:45 AM

What important school stuff do you have on Facebook? I believe social network sites are addictive. I admit I spend more time on those than I should but its something to do.
04-16-2014, 05:50 AM

Use it the same way that super-productive people use their email. Budget out time for yourself and say, "I'm only going to use facebook for a half an hour in the morning, and a half an hour in the evening."

So, for example. Spend a half an hour (or less) on facebook at a certain time each morning. Then, do the same thing once in the evening. Don't go beyond that!

For the unorthodox approach, you could try praying about it. I came to faith in Christ about three and a half years ago, and I've seen some amazing things happen because of prayer.

Hope this helps, and Jesus bless you. Smile
04-16-2014, 05:57 AM

You should get a life. Save the e-conversations and converse in real life. Sure, you can lay out random and pointless comments for your friends for hours upon hours on end, but honestly, does it get you anywhere? Do they actually care they what you have to say, or are they just being nice? It gets you absolutely nowhere in the end. You have the potential of being an "A" student, but you bring home the "D" instead just because you have a severe case of internet ADD. When you see your friends pass and graduate, you'll be left behind. They don't care if you pass or fail...no matter how many times you "Like" their status message. You're only screwing yourself...get your ass off Failbook and get to work.
04-16-2014, 06:06 AM

Routines and breaks will become your two favorite words if you want to solve your problems. Develop a routine that works for you for when you get home from school. My routine is very simple, but effective. When I get home from school, I usually have a snack and get changed (I wear a uniform). Then, I complete my written, non- computer homework first. Ex. Math worksheet. Depending on how much of that I had, I take a 5-10 minute break and just lay down or listen to music. Then, I dive into computer homework. Ex. Things that I need an online textbook for, things that need to typed. After that, I take a break until right after dinner. (I usually complete my written HW by 4pm and dinner is at 5pm. Obviously, modify this if you eat dinner late) This is when you can schedule some FB time. After dinner, I do my study HW until 8pm. Then, I eat my dessert. After, I give myself free time until bed, which is at 9pm. So, all you have to do is to learn how to manage your time properly. Make a routine and stick with it, but it's ok to modify it to work with you.

As a random point, how do you spend that much time on FB?? I have an account, but don't see the big deal about the website. All you can do is look at pictures and write on people's walls. I guess you can play games too, but I don't see the point. I usually spend 15 minutes max every few days on FB. Anyway, hope I helped :-)
04-16-2014, 06:19 AM

Take whatever "important school stuff" you have on FB and put it elsewhere. Then delete your account. How hard was that?
04-16-2014, 06:31 AM

Delete your account. That simple. Do it.