This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Olympics Coverage Slowing Down Online Streaming?
04-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Is Olympics Coverage Slowing Down Online Streaming?
In the past few days I've noticed considerable slowing of my online content. Listening to radio via online services like "TuneIn Radio" on my phone buffers more than broadcasts. My husband can't get Netflix to load via Apple TV. We have a newer WiFi network in our house.

Could Olympics coverage be causing these problems?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 06:52 AM

No the Olympics can't be causing your streams for other things be slow UNLESS....you are streaming the olympics online to a computer or tv.

1. Your other services could be slow because if a ton of people in your area that have the same providers as you are streaming something, that CAN cause slow internet on your end, but this is a rare thing that happens so we can cross that out.

2. You can change your "wireless channel." think of wireless channels like roads from your internet to your computer. some of these roads have bad traffic meaning lots of wireless devices use that channel...aka...road. By changing the channel...aka...road, you can load things more quickly. If you look on your router's box or instructions, they should tell you how to change your wireless channel. I know if you have ATT U-Verse, you can call them up and they can give you step by step instructions or they can do it themselves from their end. (I'm pretty sure this may be the problem. 1st pick)

3. You can just try resetting your router. Unplug it, wait 30ses - 1min, plug it back in. This will restart the system and you can see if you still have that problem. Some routers when resetting them, everything freshens up also they might change your Wireless channel automatically when it boots back up again.

4. I'd say 90% of the internet companies do slow streaming because it costs them lots of money. This is just a known fact. Your provider will never admit to it since they can get sued. Youtube fights internet companies for slowing their service down for their viewers. (This is my 2nd pick on your problem)

Sorry but this is all I know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply