This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why dont downloads download at the full potential of your download limit?
04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Why dont downloads download at the full potential of your download limit?
Hey everyone,

So im just curious, I have a 60mb download speed which is fantastic, but when ,say for instance i download a song, album, movie or what ever, they never download at my download limit. I was just wondering why this is, and if so, I hope this makes sense, is there a way to allow more of my download speed to certain programs? Thanks alot everyone,

Callum

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Sometimes an ISP has trouble providing the set download speed because network traffic in your neighborhood is congested. Or maybe the server you are downloading from does not provide the speeds you requested. Ie: 60. It is also possible you exceedef your bandwidth limit and your speeds are being throttled.

Ads

04-16-2014, 12:41 PM

If the downloadserver from where you download your things cannot give you more speed, as for their limits, you can't get more. Please try with speedtest.net to see what you real maximum speed is. If this is at your limit, your ISP gave you what they promised, but you won't be able to get more speed, as long as you stay to the same download site than, as you have to rely on there maximum upload speed.

If speedtest.net gives you a maximum speed under the promised speed, you should complain at your ISP.