This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is there 'no way ' to download media on the internet anymore?
04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
is there 'no way ' to download media on the internet anymore?
im in the uk unfortunately, and ive heard recently that the corporate powers & the government have blocked all of the ways to download media in the uk ?

the internet used to be a place where the main reason you came online, was to download media....so if all the ways to download media have been blocked......what are we supposed to do? is the internet not used for downloading media anymore ?

are you supposed to go out and buy your media now, because there's no way to download it ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 08:37 PM

The download scene is still alive and well there are still hundreds of torrent and warez sites out there

Ads

04-16-2014, 08:39 PM

What kind of media? Copyrighted songs, movies, etc? Yes - you were ALWAYS supposed to go buy those. Someone owns the rights to those materials and wants to paid for the consumption of them just like I want to be paid in exchange for working all day. Across the pond here you can be charged criminally as well as sued in civil court for downloading copyright materials - it's at its very essence - stealing. I can't imagine the laws are much different there in the UK and in most places internationally in that regard... That said - there is plenty of "media" to be downloaded - more than ever... and the stuff out there where the OWNER wants you to download their material - well they will most certainly make sure you can. Commence the booing by marking this response thumbs down, but really... Can you imagine being told your pay check is a 100 pounds short this week because someone else downloaded some of it? Probably not the answer you were looking for... but cheers.
04-16-2014, 08:52 PM

You can try to download from this site.if they block anything just download a software that hides your ip address so that they won't know you download.here's the site I use. Mydownloadcity.com. Hope this helps.mark mine as best answer please.
04-16-2014, 08:57 PM

By download you mean steal.

Stealing is illegal. Always has been and always will be.

You are supposed to buy what you want not steal it.

Of course if you work for no pay and have an open door policy at your house so anyone can come in and take whatever they want then you may be able to make some argument for some reciprocal arrangement.