This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how would i go about selling my website to someone, On ebay more so?
04-16-2014, 10:12 PM
how would i go about selling my website to someone, On ebay more so?
Im trying to figure out what i would do once someone buys the website.what all would i send to them and how would i transfer the domain name also? any help would be great. thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 10:25 PM

typically transfer a website / domain works this way--

get paid first or establish escrow account

you push the site registration to the new owner, after they have established an account where it is currently registered

then you totally backup the site, all its files and databases and send it to them either as a zipfile attached to an email (small site) or you burn it to a DVD and overnight it to them--big site

or you could allow their new hosting company access to your cpanel and move the site to the new hosting company-- on the later, just remember to change your cpanel passwords after the move

if it has social accounts, you would change the contact emails and passwords to them, along with any branding files

Ads

04-16-2014, 10:28 PM

There are online buy&#x2F;sell websites brokers. Do search online and visit the sites for more information.
04-16-2014, 10:32 PM

Search for domain and site brokers first to find the best venue for selling your site but I would also suggest thsat you have your site appraised first. Otherwise, you may not get the best deal, so also search for website appraisers and vet the appraising site's reputation first.

Once you have a gfood diea of the value of your site, then find one of the site brokers to sell it on.

Any reputable hosting company can help you transfer the site to the new owner and the registrar can help you transfer ownership of the domain name.

if you need further help actually kmoving the site, you can hire someone for a very reasonable sum on elance or odesk...or even fiverr.com

I do not suggest that you allow the new owner access to any of the back endof your current site, cpanel, or any of the admin areas. It is not safe and you could get badly burned.