This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My phone has space but it says it does not?
04-16-2014, 10:33 PM
My phone has space but it says it does not?
I have a samsumg galaxy ace. I only have a few apps left because i un installed most of them to try and get new ones but it still doesnt work. On internal storage its says i have 53MB left, i try to download a game with 5.2MB and it says insufficient storage space available. The only apps i have now is facebook. Kik. Instagram and messenger. And music download. Also instgram andmessemger on on my SD card that has 60MB left. And my phone wont let me move any apps onto there. Help please

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 10:47 PM

Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 SPECS INCLUDE MicroSD, up to 32 GB ....AND
Internal 158Mb, 278 MB RAM

There is essentially 2 types of memory put simply the physical memory as in a USB stick hard drive [HDD] phone memory ........ eg iPhone5 16Gb / 32Gb /64Gb [YOUR PHONE 158Mb}

The 'memory' your phone is stating you are short of is R.A.M memory not PHYSICAL MEMORY, the Samsung Galaxy Ace has 278MB

Imagine you have a physical art collection and music collection, comic collection DVD collection ............ so a collector !)

RAM WOULD BE A VIEWING ROOM, you can only bring so much physical stuff into the room before you run out of space.... RAM
A jpeg / photo is physically stored on say a memory card, to view, loaded into..... RAM (Legal were all over that statement)

You have too many applications open so need to close down some of these to free up RAM.
****Also delete browsing history and cache as these utilise RAM even though you have logged out of the Internet****

As I am Android (self made man!) copyright means that apps games are downloaded to the phone FIRST [you CANNOT download to a memory card directly]

If it can be moved the option to move is highlighted, apps /game on the phone at the time of ORIGINAL purchase CANNOT be moved

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply