This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which mid-range phone should I get?
04-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Which mid-range phone should I get?
I kind of want a HTC.
Samsung seems okay, but my last phone was the samsung galaxy ace and I hated it. It was slow and the battery life was shocking but I guess you get what you pay for.
I was thinking something along the lines of HTC one sv and HTC desire 601?
Can't afford anything too expensive like iPhones or htc one.
I want something with:
A pretty good camera
Decent battery life
I can use Facebook, instagram, snap chat and a few games.
Not anything over $400 AU

Which one should I get?
Or do you have any other suggestions for phones I could consider getting?
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 11:04 PM

Hello i heard HTCs where pretty cool.so i got one and i worked really well but i perf the illusion but thats my opinion

Ads

04-16-2014, 11:11 PM

HTC
04-16-2014, 11:24 PM

HTC desire 601 is a good phone . But i would suggest you LENOVO VIBE X . Its just a superb phone , its much better than htc or Panasonic . Wink
04-16-2014, 11:29 PM

1)Motorola Moto-G
2)NOKIA LUMIA 1320
3)Sony Xperia ZL
4)LG Nexus-5
5)Samsung Galaxy Grand-2
6)Nokia Lumia 525
04-16-2014, 11:41 PM

The best phone for you with that kind of budget would either be HTC, Huawei, Sony or LG. Samsung definitely don't have any good phone from mid range to the expensive one. The expensive one is really just a copy of iPhone but that's just what I think. Here are some of the phone I would suggest you get but you should check it out further just to get more ideas on why these are good.

1. HTC wildfire S - Small lightweight, has few games and other social medias. It has decent battery life and it's an unique phone because it's the one of the best smallest phone in the world, easy to carry. It comes with 5 megapixel which can take pretty good photos and has FM radio feature also it has led flash to photo enhancement or to let you take photo in a dark surroundings. Highly recommended.

2. LG Optimus P500 - It's long and slim and has good games, social medias and can take pretty good photos and has FM radio features if you like listening to radios. Though it has only got 3.15 megapixel but it can still take good photo. It has long lasting battery.

3. Huawei U8800 X5 - It's also long and slim a very appealing design that comes with social medias, good games and has 5 megapixel for appealing photos with led flash though it doesn't have a FM radio but you can get one from the app store. It has long lasting battery too.

4.Nokia Lumia 720 - Lumia 720. Nokia has made a well-balanced smartphone which could be exactly what Windows Phone 8 needs. It offers decent performance at a more than decent price.

5. Nokia Lumia 1520 - The Nokia Lumia 1520 has got so many things from a great camera and a good looking screen. The best Windows Phone I think though the software is still lacking it would be good if it isn't.

6. Huawei Ascend P6 - The Huawei Ascend P6 is a fantastic and desirable smartphone, some say it's kind of an iPhone copy with some say it's not. Still it provides real value for money even if it is lacking NFC and 4G support and it has all the things you need from a smartphone from games to social medias. It even has a good camera and the customisable user interface.

7. HTC Desire 500 -The HTC Desire 500 is a great-looking device, with tons of unique software and a good mid-range smartphone beside the HTC wildfire S. It's got very few weaknesses with the and a reasonable price tag within your budget. To sum up, it's simply a second very good mid-range Android smartphone.

8. Sony Xperia Z - The Xperia Z is the first smartphone which Sony has really deliver. The stylish, desirable and rugged design including the combination of excellent performance, a stunning screen and great cameras make the Xperia Z a force to be reckoned with. The price is also decent.

9. HTC One - The HTC One is I think is best smartphones on the market today and here is why. It has superb performance, and excellent build quality. You can't fault the feature set, and it matches the other high-end products in terms of price.

The audio and visual output it is unsurpassed with interface that might be liked by some but I personally think it's good, and if you aren't impressed enough the camera will blow you away. It's not perfect, but if you compare this to Xperia Z and iPhone 5 this is about as good a phone as you can buy. It has a good price for you. Highly recommended.

10. Motorola Moto G - If you want something even cheaper the Motorola's Moto G is the best budget smartphone around. It's got great build quality, an excellent screen, decent cameras and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean soon to be upgrade to 4.4 KitKat. It's only limited in the storage department and a lack of 4G support.

11. Sony Xperia Z1 - This is an upgraded version of its fantastic Xperia Z by Sony. The Xperia Z1 feels nicer but is unfortunately bigger and heavier. Still It's a powerhouse with an all-round impressive specification. Easily one of the best Android handset. It used to be quite expensive but I think it's gone down in price.

12. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - It is a high-end smartphone without having you using a large screen. The fact it's cheaper than most flagship devices makes it one of the best smartphones around.

13. Google Nexus 5 - A very desirable phone at an outrageously low price. It's the best value for money smartphone out there right now with everything you need as a smartphone.

14. LG G2 - LG G2 offers a combination of value for money with high-end features. A great impressive design and handy software features so very hard to dislike about this handset though the only problem with this phone is it really the lack of a microSD card slot.

The list is long but it gives you more option on which phone would be the best to buy. The price may vary depends on what site and what time you buy them as last time I check it was priced really low but don't know, might have changed over the few months.

Hope this helps. : )