This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
problems with my boyfriends ex!?
04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
problems with my boyfriends ex!?
Hello!I am in a relationship with someone,whose ex girlfriend is still his friend on fb and i think she is stalking on him through fb.She likes everything he posts within some seconds,sometimes she even comments.
the conditions of their breakup (in august of 2013):after living for 4 years under the same roof, he had to leave in order to study abroad, so they broke up.he told me that he didnt love her anymore and that she wanted to have a family with him etc but he never wanted that.He never talks about her, but i think that they had a very boring life together.But when he went back to his country in october for 2 days,they had sex again (he mentioned that she asked for it).
Later he met me and at the end of november we decided to become a couple.one day she asked him to have a video call with him because she wanted to tell him sth.He called her and she said that she finally found someone she really loves and asked him if he is fine with it.he said yes and also that he is with me.now she told him that she broke up with that guy.i dont know how often they chat,he says they dont.On fb everyone can see that we are a couple now,but i never post anything on his wall and we havent posted any photos of just the 2 of us yet.I have to admit that he never talks about her and he hasnt given any reasons to me to be jealous.Its just that im insecure, because permanently we have to live in different countries and we see each other every 3 months.Thanks!Ill choose the best answer.
ive already asked him to unfriend her, but he doesnt wnat to because he says that "she did nothing to him or me". i ve also asked him to give me his password on fb, after a lot of thought he said he wanted to give it to me, but i trust him and i think it would be offensive to him to ask access to his fb account, so i didnt accept it. he wouldnt give it to me if he had something to hide.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 12:10 AM

It sounds like you have enough reasons to feel concerned or worried. I'm in a long distance relationship and I wouldn't be comfortable if my boyfriend had his ex as a Facebook friend. It's just one more thing to stress out about, as if being away from each other isn't enough. I don't think you would be out of line if you asked him to unfriend her. My boyfriend had a girl on his Facebook that he had a history with and even though I knew he didn't talk to her anymore, I didn't like how it felt seeing her like things he posted. You shouldn't have to have some ex-girlfriend thrown in your face when you go to look at his page. I asked my boyfriend to unfriend the girl because it was making me uncomfortable. He listened to me and she hasn't bothered getting in touch with him since and I definitely feel a lot better since I don't have to see her face every time I go to his page.

Edit: Whether she did something or not, her presence is making you uncomfortable.. Make it clear to him that if nothing is going on between the two of them and he doesn't care about her one way or the other, he shouldn't mind unfriending her. I don't know how you reacted to that, but if I asked my boyfriend to unfriend an ex and he put up an argument, I would be FLIPPING OUT. Try thinking of it the other way around, if you had an ex boyfriend or guy you had history with on your list and your boyfriend felt weird about and asked you to unfriend, would you? You probably would. That's what he needs to do and you should not have to put up a fight. He sounds like he's hiding something. I know you love him and you trust him, but it doesn't sound right. I'm in the US and my boyfriend is in England, so if I have even an ounce of suspicion or worry, I bring it up and we sort it out right then and there. If he isn't willing to comply with what you're asking, he is hiding something. If she is part of his PAST, he should be happy to let her go, because you are his PRESENT concern and you are all he should be worried about.

Don't put yourself through the torturous hell of a long-distance relationship if you suspect your boyfriend isn't doing his part.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply