This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between GROUPS and PAGES on Facebook?
10-15-2012, 08:58 PM
What is the difference between GROUPS and PAGES on Facebook?
Please tell me, when it is suitable to creat a "page" and why may I need to creat a "group" on Facebook?
Please support with examples.
Thank you answerers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Facebook Groups is the place for small groups to communicate and for people to share their interests and express their opinion among them. Facebook Groups makes people to come along for a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos and share related content. When you create a group, you can make it available publicly for anyone to join, according to your security scenarios you can give the joining on the basis of requiring administrator approval for members to join or you can keep it private and by invitation only. Like with Facebook Pages, new posts by a group are included in the News Feeds of its members and only members can comment, or chat as on the group.

For example, I love Salsa alot and I have joined the Salsa India’s Delhi club on the Facebook Group to get all the updates from them for all the salsa parties, competitions and trainings they are doing in Delhi/NCR.

Like a Facebook Profile, Facebook Page enables Places, celebrities, businesses, organizations and other things, to create their presence on Facebook. Facebook Pages are visible to everyone on the internet by default. You can connect with Facebook Pages by liking it or by becoming a fan. It enables you to receive page updates in your News Feeds and lets you interact with them. Just like the Facebook profiles represents genuine names, so too Pages. Officially business or organization should create a Facebook Page but it’s up to you.

For example, I am a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan so, by connecting with the official Facebook Page for “Shah Rukh Khan”, I can keep myself updated on his latest news and other information through it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply