This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which of these domain names for my writers blog/website?
04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Which of these domain names for my writers blog/website?
Startig tomorrow I will be purchasing a new domain name and hosting a blog/website on Host Gator for current and future writers. It will include not only work including poems, short stories by myself but hopefully thousands of others in time. Forums for discussing and critiquing other writers and reviews of books and work by others as well as nearly everything r3lwtig to writing. I am taking a poll on numerous sites as to which of these domain names I should choose as I have no intention of changing it. Some current names are:

TheWritingClan.com
TheWritingClan.org
WritingClan.com/org
TheKindredWriters.com/org
KindredWriters.com/org
WorldofWriters.com/org

TheWritingClan was my original and still number one pick although depending on results of the public may change.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 02:43 PM

WorldofWriters stuck out most for me. Go with .COM - domains seem to be progressing away from the other dots.

Ads

04-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Authority sites in a field are almost always .com, they generally have better resale values, so if possibler go with .com

Some TLDs like .gov and .edu require proof of being the appropriate institutions, there are no real requirements for .org names which can give the impression of being a more formal organization.

The last 2 seem like the right option, there are still parts of the world where Clan has a negative connotation.

Your terms Clan, Kindred seem more oriented to the writers, if it ultimately is a site for readers to visit you might consider titles more attractive these fans. WritersWorthKnowing NewWriterWorks, ExceptionalWriters, etc.
04-17-2014, 02:59 PM

thewritingclan . com sounds the best - as its a .com and its sounds but different - world of writer is a bit common words used . hence i suggest the first one.