This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does ebay search bring up items without the words I type in?
04-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Why does ebay search bring up items without the words I type in?
I don't understand how this is happening. I type in "white bookcase". So I figure things with the words "white" and "bookcase" will show up. But there are items showing up in the list that don't even have the word bookcase in it. I thought ebay worked by keywords? How is this happening? For instance, this title came up: "One Pocket Magazine Rack/Chart Holder XL HIPAA Application Holder Soft White" WTH?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 11:08 PM

Try using "Advance Search"

Ads

04-17-2014, 11:16 PM

Your search will bring up key words that are inside the listing as well. In your example, the listing title has the word "white" in it and the post probably has the word "book case" in it.

You can use the advanced search to filter what category you want to look in (furniture is probably a category). You can also use the "filter by price" button to eliminate some of the clutter. You're not going to find a bookcase for 99 cents, so setting it to only show items more than a few bucks should help you out!