This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
yes or no. facebook encourages people to careless with privacy and less social in real life?
04-17-2014, 11:39 PM
yes or no. facebook encourages people to careless with privacy and less social in real life?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2014, 11:51 PM

Privacy.. not sure....... ZERO social skills.... absolutely...

Ads

04-18-2014, 12:03 AM

Both. Facebook encourages people to share their information online which can result in both MORE and LESS "real life social activity". I think it all depends on the person.

Also i guess you could say that it's in Facebook's interests that people are more careless with privacy. Afterall, that is how they make money.
04-18-2014, 12:05 AM

yes
unfortunately
04-18-2014, 12:19 AM

Yes delete that shot and go out and mingle with anyone or everyone. I deleted mine Facebook is a fantasy
04-18-2014, 12:35 AM

Yes - and to be very very needy. The Facebook Generation need approval before every little thing they do. It's very annoying. Plus, they're often quite rude. In one of my old jobs there was a girl who wouldn't speak to me for three weeks, apparently it's because I'm not on Facebook so she didn't trust me...?!
04-18-2014, 12:43 AM

Being a loyal member of Facebook is the worst way to waste valuable time, when there are more wonderful things in real life they could be doing with real people. These folks usually are internet addicts who have no life, or are shut-ins.

As for privacy, they give out so much personal information even a complete novice can get the goods on them if they wanted.

So, the answer is "yes" on both counts—which is truely sad in that their world rests behind a computer. Even Yahoo! Answers is a little more than I can bare. I've so much to live for, and make sure I'm living it!
04-18-2014, 01:00 AM

Ohhhhh yes. I'm still paying for my last indescretion.
04-18-2014, 01:02 AM

yes and it makes it very dangerous for children and others that's why trusted security is very important and responsible start making theses company's responsible instead of people then maybe they will care more about getting the proper security before releasing public technologies not just on the computer either get it things were going on over 20 years ago people get hurt when you allow selfish people with no self control and their own personal agenda in places they ought not be