This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to completely cleanse Internet explorer?
04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
How to completely cleanse Internet explorer?
I am fixing a computer for someone normally I would suggest using any other browser except IE but she is stuck on using it. So far I have spent days on cleaning this thing as she refuses to allow a fresh reinstall as well. It is probably #2 on my list of the worst infected and corrupted computers I've seen. I've got the OS cleaned up, still need to get the registry back in shape but I need to get IE cleaned out which also very infected, I've got the stuff out related to addons now for the hidden things, I haven't used IE in quite some time I'm wondering if there is an easy way to purge everything and get it back to the point it was when it was first installed or if I have to go through the process of completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it, tracking down the residual files left behind before installing it. Also where the residual files are located to ensure complete cleaning?
Actually it's 64bit 7 pro. If it were xp there wouldn't be a way to remove IE as it is intertwined with the OS.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 07:08 PM

Good Question...I also search for the answer...

Ads

04-18-2014, 07:22 PM

You didn't mention the Version of windows she is using. No doubt it's Xp if it is then your totally wasting your time period because when M$ close the door on Xp in two weeks time the system will crash within the week Period
04-18-2014, 07:34 PM

You can use CCleaner software to clean your IE browser. It will not only clean your "Internet Explorer" while you can clean your other browser by using it.
04-18-2014, 07:45 PM

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. They'll keep using IE and downloading apps, install viruses, super cookies and trackers, scratch their head and ask lifetime support. run!
04-18-2014, 07:51 PM

unless shes running the default version of ie then you can see it if you click programs and features then view installed updates you can uninstall ie as a update if you right click on it as far as everything else theres Ccleaner then wise registry cleaner then malwarebytes then http://tinyurl.com/kwyascl
04-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Try CCleaner or clean the history.
04-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Have you cleaned out files on the hard drive, removed any duplicate files and photos, eliminated any programs not used, eliminated any start-up programs/applications, ran the disk defragmenter, cleaned the registry, and updated & ran a complete full scan of the anti-virus software?