This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
when doing drop shipping do you have to create your own website or do they do it for you?
04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
when doing drop shipping do you have to create your own website or do they do it for you?
Im getting ready to create a online store and i wanted to weight out my options and see what i would like to do. I do want to create my own online site but which would be better.

Would it be profitable doing it through a drop shipping option or buying upfront and shipping out myself???

please serious replies and please make sure your clear with your replies.

thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 11:03 PM

Drop shipping is best from a manufacturer - not a distributor. Holding inventory is usually the worst idea unless the product margins are really good and it is necessary. Most likely you will find a distributor that will drop ship for you as manufacturers harder to find to do that for you.

Ads

04-18-2014, 11:16 PM

If you are planning to do drop shipping then you will need to build and market the products, you are moving the logistics of stock and delivery to another company. Obviously the drop shipper is going to be taking some of your potential profit away, but unless you have large amount of money to use upfront to buy quantities of stock for the products you are going to sell and a warehouse to store them in this may be the better option.

In either case you will need to get an online store running. You will need a domain, a paid hosting account, and depending on how you want customers to pay possibly a merchant account too.

If you need hosting services please feel free to check us out we will be happy to help you get set up and running

http://www.computergeeks2go.com/hosting.shtml

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.