This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling on ebay and postage labels?
04-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Selling on ebay and postage labels?
I have recently set up an ebay account to sell a few bits. I now have to send the items, do i have to print off the postage label from ebay or can I write the address on the package???
I didnt want to send it and it be returned or receive bad feedback. thanks for reading.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 12:24 AM

Sticking printout label may be best but no reason you cant (as we did) print out own label and stick that on, cover with clear sellotape.

Ads

04-19-2014, 12:30 AM

You can print out the labels but make sure you have the boxes or envelopes from the post office. The postage is calculated on their products. But if you do not then be sure to have the price printed on the shipping label because when you take it to the post office they will be able to add more postage if you need it. If it isn't on there they will not know what you paid and will not be able to help you. And, in case you have not noticed, shipping is a lot more expensive than it has been.
04-19-2014, 12:46 AM

You do not have to use the eBay labels, although it looks more professional. You can use handwritten, or computer printed labels. The Post Office clerk will tell you to put the package(s) on the scales, and issue the stamps, depending on which service you use.
04-19-2014, 12:55 AM

you can do it the old fashioned way and write your own labels and purchase the postage at the post office. the ebay labels are just easier and more convenient
04-19-2014, 01:03 AM

If you wish to use eBay shipping labels you can but you're not obligated to use the eBay shipping label to ship the item the buyer purchased. It just makes it easier because the buyer is instantly notified of the USPS tracking number to trace delivery of their package when you use eBay shipping. You can also print your own shipping label if you have a business or corporate account with any of the other shipping services (e.g. UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and attach it to the outside of the box. You'd simply then have to upload the tracking number to your eBay account for the buyer to trace the delivery of their package from any of the shipping services mentioned above.