This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Samsung Galaxy Ace has "Low Internal Storage", only 19mb out of 190mb is available. Need HELP!?
04-19-2014, 07:44 AM
My Samsung Galaxy Ace has "Low Internal Storage", only 19mb out of 190mb is available. Need HELP!?
My Samsung Galaxy Ace has "low internal phone storage", only 19MB out of 190MB is available on the phone storage. I have a 2GB SD Card and 500MB free on it. Most of my apps are on the SD Card and there's 11 that I can't move to SD Card (the Move to SD Card option is grayed out). I want to install more apps to SD Card but I can't because the "Internal Phone Storage" is low. I have tried the App2SDcard application but it doesn't show any apps that I can move to SD Card. How do I install apps directly to SD Card without having to use "Internal Phone Storage"? How can I free the "Internal Phone Storage" ?
Help ASAP Please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 07:53 AM

There is no easy way of getting this sorted I'm afraid the phone seems to have a problem with the internal memory. My friend had exactly the same problem with her galaxy ace and took it to the phone store and was told it was a known very common problem.

Ads

04-19-2014, 07:57 AM

Try clearing your internet browser's data or cache.

Go to Settings > Applications Manager > All

Select the internet browser and clear data/cache. Usually, this frees up quite a bit of space. You could also try the same with your social networking apps like Facebook, Instagram, or any internet based app, if you use any.

Lower end Android devices don't come with much internal storage, and despite moving apps to the SD Card, a portion of phone memory is still consumed by the app being installed.

Unfortunately, you cannot install apps directly to the SD Card. It must be installed on the phone first, then moved. You could try removing a few apps, make some space, install what you have to and move it to the SD Card, and then reinstall the apps you deleted.

Try the first suggestion about clearing browser data and see how that works out.