This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a catch or reason why expensive items are so cheap on ebay?
04-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Is there a catch or reason why expensive items are so cheap on ebay?
I'm looking for an iPhone 5 on ebay and I found one for $2.25. The description says it's used and the pictures look good but damn 2 bucks? Is there a catch that I should be aware of? The seller has 98.6% positive feedback. Someone please let me know. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 07:50 AM

If i was the seller then i was surely sell that in at least 30$ and if buyer then i'll surely pay more then 20$ or if less, i won't buy from that seller

Ads

04-19-2014, 08:01 AM

Was it an auction or a buy it now? If it's a auction don't count on it staying at that price.

Always read the descriptions carefully. I've seen idiots selling a box with all the information for the item itself and only a tiny line mixed in saying you are only buying the box. Every few days another idiot will try a scam like this and think they can get away with it.
04-19-2014, 08:08 AM

I wouldn't get involved because this is a ridiculous price even to start the auction with. What if it's a phone made of fake parts taken from trash.
04-19-2014, 08:09 AM

yes check the shipping fee some sellers seem to THINK they wont have to pay such high fees if they charge alot for shipping which is against ebay policy they do nothing about to enforce.
04-19-2014, 08:23 AM

If the item sounds too good to be true, it is most likely fake or stolen. Ebay does work to remove auctions that violate their policies, but these sellers do manage to creep through the would works a good amount of the time. They usually still have fairly good feedback, because a lot of the time, people don't realize the merchandise they've purchased is fake till it's too late to file a complaint about it.