This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of savings explorers ads?
04-19-2014, 11:48 AM
How do I get rid of savings explorers ads?
PLEASE! I need help, I left my laptop with my 15 year old brother, and he went on "watchmovies25" even though i specifically told him not to. A pop up ad said that he needed to download the latest adobe flash player, and so he did, him not being able to READ carefully, he accepted on everything, so he ended up downloading 10 programs that are really useless. I uninstalled them, but every site i go to, like youtube, yahoo, ANYWHERE, there are ads placed there that was never there before. here is an example: http://i.imgur.com/DRoX2px.jpg
How do i get rid of the ad, I clicked on the information button, and tried opting out on its website but it wont let me for some reason. I don't want to download anything just to get rid of a plug in. Please help. 10 points to best answer.
once again, I UNINSTALLED all the programs that my brother had downloaded, how do i know which one he downloaded? Because it shows the date of the day he did. PLUS, The programs name is savings explorer, i believe of uninstalling it from my programs, and i went into my google chrome extensions, it wont let me disable it and there is no garbage can next to it!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 11:50 AM

You got the Getsavin virus. Go into your programs and delete it

Ads

04-19-2014, 12:05 PM

Malware is often designed to be hard to uninstall by the usual methods, and you either have go through a lot of technical steps or find a program to do it for you. Don't be afraid to find and download a legitimate anti-malware program.
04-19-2014, 12:21 PM

Ads are a major problem and just annoying in general. There's a way to get rid of all of them though. I made a step by step video of how to do that. Let me know if it helps. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALeL-5FGjW4