This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I use weebly to build a website for my new small business?
04-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Should I use weebly to build a website for my new small business?
I've used weebly in the past, when I was in college and had to build sites for a class. Since I already know how to use it, I was thinking of using it to build a site for a business I am starting. Should I use weebly, or another web page builder? I don't know much about building a website, so the ease of use is important, ans is one reason I was planning on using weebly. I know search engine optimization is important. How is weebly at SEO?

Another reason I was planning on using weebly is so that I can change content frequently. The business I am starting is photography related, so a gallery that I can update with new work is important.

Also... about hosting the site, should I purchase a domain name through weebly, or through another site? I'm clueless about this part, so any info you provide would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2014, 04:00 PM

Some hosts make it painful or expensive to transfer a domain name to a different host, using a separate registrar like godaddy or namecheap may be wise. Registering for multiple years may give a tiny SEO benefit.

You can get a general paid hosting account with unlimited storage bandwidth and sites for $8/mo many providers have easy installers for popular open source programs like Wordpress the most popular CMS used in some 17% of the top 1 million sites. There are gallery wordpress themes that might work well for you.

Ads

04-19-2014, 04:17 PM

yeah sure you should purchase from weebly, these have a quote good reputation in the market in my opinion you should move with them again!
04-19-2014, 04:26 PM

yes u can.
04-19-2014, 04:42 PM

Hi there,

Weebly is probably one of the easiest website builders around - I'm sure you can relate to that as you've had experiences. Some people claim that it's hard to SEO with Weebly but in my personal experience that's not entirely correct. I've build websites with Weebly that has ranked on page 1 of my keywords and it really comes to creating great content consistently. You have to be consistent in producing good materials for your business so that search engines will start to pick that up. I think that's one of the most reliable methods.

As for domain names, I believe you can purchase it from anywhere (doesn't necessarily have to be Weebly as i think they charge a bit more than other domain name registrars). Here are some instructions from Weebly showing how to point the domain name to Weebly - http://kb.weebly.com/domain-registrar.html

If you are building a photography website, you should check out DivTag Templates whom specializes in creating professional templates for Weebly - http://divtagtemplates.com/

They have some stunning designs that might help you!
04-19-2014, 04:53 PM

Have you looked at WebHornet?
Content Management System
* Unlimited Pages
* Slide Shows
* Collect Lead Sign Ups
* Change Content at any time
* Enhanced SEO tools
* Hosting
* Personal Domain

$29.99 per month but right now they have a free design and they always run promotions!
You can email them directly at info@webhornet.com and they can show you websites that they are hosting and have designed!
04-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Not if it's going to include one of those obviously free domains like "YourSite@weebly.com". That's terribly low-budget and unprofessional looking. Try Yola. It's what I use and for $30 or so a year, you get everything that's easy to use - plus your own domain name.
04-19-2014, 05:14 PM

weebly is good but i think blogger is best
04-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Its always better to move to bigger platform as soon as possible. Buy a domain its always the best choice.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant
04-19-2014, 05:20 PM

Its best to use whatever you are most comfortable with. Having said that Weebly might not be your best option. The Wordpress platform is easy to use and has a lot of options. I suggest you get your Domain, Hosting and Web Builder all from the one place, its easier to manage and support is usually more helpful.