This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Partner of 3 years won't add me on Facebook?
04-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Partner of 3 years won't add me on Facebook?
So we've been together nearly three years and we have a 6 month old baby.

It probably seems childish, especially at our age (mid-30s), but I'm concerned that he doesn't want to add me as a friend on facebook. We have a few mutual friends (mostly his, he's only added a couple of mine) and I'm friends with some of his family members but not with him. I admit I sometimes facebook stalk him and I see that he often likes photos of his pretty female friends (he has A LOT of those) and it's making me insecure. I also know from looking at his private messages (not good I know) that a high school acquaintance of his recently got in touch (also very pretty, and single by the looks of it), and they've agreed to meet up in person at some point. He didn't deny it when I talked to him about it, and says it's all perfectly innocent and that it'll probably never happen anyway.

The thing is, I can't even blame the woman for getting in touch because nowhere on his profile does he say that he is in a relationship (also, he's hot). There are no photos of us together (none that I can see anyway) and he never mentions me on his wall - I know because he set it so his 'friends of friends' (that's me!) can see his stuff. The odd friend sometimes mentions me or the baby, but my boyfriend barely acknowledges them and it bothers me. I don't know why it's affecting me so much, but it does. Am I being paranoid?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 07:50 AM

No, your not paranoid. His behavior is shady and he is hiding or trying to hide something from you. Facebook has a setting where you can hide your relationship status from specific people. He may be passing himself off as single. He's obviously flirting with other women and trying to appear available. If you call him on it I am sure he will say your being insecure, paranoid, stalking him online or something like that. All this tells you is that he is most likely not ready for a real relationship and either enjoys flirting or is cheating or trying to cheat.
You could try creating a fake Facebook page of a single, pretty lady and try befriending him and see what happens.

Ads

04-20-2014, 08:05 AM

Your not been paranoid at all.It sounds dodgy to me what hes upto.Befriending this pretty single girl who he went to school with.

My partner told me about his female friend when we got together shes called "Chloe" and iv seen her pictures but don't talk to her.He once lied to me saying he had to go into work to help out i think it was christmas time and he came back 2 hours later playing along that everything got sorted.Then later that night he admitted he had been with chloe shopping and went to mcdonalds with her but didnt buy anything.

i was unhappy with him and didnt talk to him for rest of night and was rather upset that he lied to me.

I still feel like that now and we are getting married in 2 months
04-20-2014, 08:08 AM

You're not being paranoid at all. I suggest you talk about it with him and then if that doesn't get you anywhere, I think *your*dark*queen*'s idea is very good, the one about creating a fake account.

Good luck!