This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
on EBAY do i have to pay ebay for shipping costs?
04-20-2014, 09:46 AM
on EBAY do i have to pay ebay for shipping costs?
someone purchased my first item ive ever sold on ebay, and they tell me i have to pay 2.90 for printing the shipping label, but couldnt i just mail it myself to the buyer through the post office, where i believe it should be cheaper?? it just a tiny little thing im shipping...sorry, im new to this ebay thing. thanks
oh thank goodness, i dont need to buy a shipping label, haha, yeah they were asking more money then i sold the item for, haha, talk about crazy!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 09:57 AM

The buyer pays for the shipping costs which you need to specify in your listing and you don't need to buy any printing label, they just want us to spend the money in silly things.

Ads

04-20-2014, 10:00 AM

Yeah, it's silly to buy an eBay shipping label. It's so much better to stand in line at the Post Office, pay more for postage, and hand scrawl the address like a complete ameteur. Haha, talk about crazy!
04-20-2014, 10:11 AM

If you don't even know that you don't pay eBay anything except fees associated with selling, you shouldn't be on eBay. eBay offers the opportunity to print shipping labels from home because it's far more convenient than going to the post office, and it's often (not always) cheaper. The rates are set by the carrier you decide to use, not by eBay.

You can, of course, ship things any way you like. One other thing. If you stated that shipping was free, you have to pay for the shipping. If you stated that the buyer pays the shipping, you still pay. The buyer pays you enough to cover it. If you say one thing and it ends up costing more, you eat it, you can't go back to the buyer and ask for more.

Better know and understand all of this before you do any more selling or you won't last long as an eBay seller.