This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
so my cable just got shut off why do i still have internet?
04-20-2014, 02:30 PM
so my cable just got shut off why do i still have internet?
i stayed behind on my cable bill this month everything got shut off except my internet? why is that? i know they meant to shut off my internet because my modem restarted itself. then it said unable to connect to the internet but i can still access it. lol
i don't have satellite... i have cable... and i have cable internet.
they're both from the same company. like i said my modem/router restarted itself when everything got shut off. i can't use the telephone since it's hooked up to my modem but i can still access the internet. it's pretty weird haha

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 02:31 PM

Someone in the cable company screwed up and forgot to shut own access to the internet. I've seen that happen.

Ads

04-20-2014, 02:45 PM

LUCKY!!!
04-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Because the communication types are different ... Your cable works via sattalite (different than internet) which means its probably because of bad weather or an unpaid bill
04-20-2014, 03:10 PM

If you get internet ONLY from cable? Then one of the following is most likely:
1. They are giving you a chance to pay your bill over the internet
2. There was a mistake made and your internet was accidentally not shut down.
3. A different group is in charge of internet and there will be a delay after which it will be gone.
4. Its more expensive in the short run to shut it down that it costs them to keep it going. They'll shut it off when its convenient to them.
04-20-2014, 03:22 PM

Is it possible that you're inadvertently connected to a neighbor's Internet service?
Some wireless Internet cards automatically connect to the first open Wifi access point they detect. Unplug your router then see if you can still access the Internet.

If you're still able to access the Internet, don't use your Internet connection at home to tell us the result since using someone else's Internet might be in violation of local laws, instead go to a fast food restaurant that has free Wifi with your laptop or tablet and update your Additional Details.