This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Facebook.?
04-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Question about Facebook.?
I am a Facebook developer, not an ACTUAL dev, but I have access to the dev app, and have made an application. Therefore, I am viewed as a developer in face books eyes, for example.. the guy who made Farmville via facebooks dev app has the same entitlement as me in face books eyes, were both developers. Im not successful or anything, I just followed the steps to being registered as a dev so that I can view the new 'timeline' feature earlier. Anyways, in this new profile system you can choose a cover photo. I want my photo to say Facebook developer, or something along the lines of that. I know it would probably be violating copyright laws and terms of use laws if I just put up face books straight logo off of google images or something. But I managed to get my hands on face books logo font and wrote down Facebook developer in photoshop. The result is absolutely identical, and I don't work for Facebook so I'm wondering if I made that photo my cover - if I could get in any trouble. Still, after all I am technically a dev because I'm in the developer application and have made an app before.

Thanks, and please check the Facebook Terms of Service and such to make sure your answer is correct. It would be great to see if I can do this. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Cover photos are supposed to be non commercial, so you may want to create a page and include it there. I know many people are using business images, but you stand the chance of having your account suspended in the future if they decide to check on this. There is no reason why you couldn't combine personal w/ professional images in the cover photo. You could make a collage of your work. As part of your cover photo, you could use a clip of your page.

What is your purpose for using it? Is it to build credibility or show off what you accomplished? It may better serve you if you include it with your other talents or accomplishments. The biggest point being that you don't want to be misleading or misrepresent yourself as being more than you are- that would hurt your reputation in the long run. You do want to show your talents & achievements though.

I hope this helped.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply