This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good way to "advertise" my story?
04-20-2014, 04:19 PM
What is a good way to "advertise" my story?
It's not published, and I don't think it ever will be. I've tried getting people to read it through Yahoo!Answers, but that just isn't working out anymore. I also have a Worthy of Publishing account, and Quizilla, but i don't know how to work Quizilla, but not enough people are reading it, in my opinion. I want someone to read it and actually really, really like it.

How should I go about getting more people to read it besides getting published? If I were to advertise it on Facebook, how ould I go about doing that?

Thanks in avance! All answers are appreciated (except rude ones, lol!)
Well then I guess I am not a good writer because patience is something I was born without, lol. I bet there is one person out there that will really really like it though, and that is what I meant by that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2014, 04:35 PM

First of all, you can't get people to really really like it. That's based on their opinion. But give it some time on Worthy of Publishing. Try changing the summary to make it more interesting. Can you post the name of the story or the account, I would like to read it. Be patient. All good writers have patience.

Ads

04-20-2014, 04:50 PM

I'm not sure about Worthy of Publishing and Quizilla, but on http://www.booksie.com (another writers website - there's a proper link to Booksie on my Y!A profile, if you'd like to take a look around the site) there are options you can select that allow you to promote and link to your stories on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. There may be similar ones on WoP and Quizilla.

If there aren't any of the aforementioned options on the sites you're already on then I would suggest posting links to your account pages or stories on Facebook and other social sites to try generate interest. Something like this might reel in readers: 'My latest story, [story name here], is a tale about [short, catchy description here]. I'm looking for feedback on [story name] and I welcome any helpful comments and criticisms, no matter how long or short, you have to offer. Visit my Worthy of Publishing/Quizilla profile here: [link]' Remember, if anyone is rude or disrespectful in their comments then respond to them in a mature and polite way; people are more likely to read your work and take you seriously if you can respond to immature, disrespectful people in a calm, civilised manner.

As the previous answerer said, you can't get people to like it -- that's down to opinion -- but you can make people aware of your work so that they have the opportunity to read it and form an opinion on it. If they do like it maybe they could recommend it to others and your story will spread through word of mouth.

Again, I'm not sure how it works on other websites, but on Booksie you can leave messages on other people's Booksie pages advertising your work and asking them to read it. The more you get your work out there, the more reviews you'll get.

As for *positive* reviews, that's down to the quality of your writing. If you seek out first-rate critics, who will leave detailed comments with constructive criticism on your work, and follow their advice then you should improve the quality of your story. That way, hopefully more people will read it, enjoy it and recommend it.

I hope this has helped you in some way! Good luck Smile