This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Comcast cable Internet randomly stops working. What can I do?
04-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Comcast cable Internet randomly stops working. What can I do?
We have Comcast cable Internet at our apartment, using a coaxial input (that's all that the apartment has). The past couple months have been perfectly fine, but now at some point every afternoon, it will just randomly crash and stop working for about five to ten minutes. I know it's either the provider or the router because every device we use disconnects at the same time. I just don't know if it's a provider problem or a router problem, how to tell, and what I could possibly do to fix it.
It seems to only happen when we play DOTA 2 online. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it hasn't happened any other time. I just turned off IP Flood Detection on the router, I don't know if that would even help or not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 01:02 AM

Call comcast support

Ads

04-21-2014, 01:05 AM

Switch to Google Fiber.
04-21-2014, 01:16 AM

If you have wireless wifi then it could be an interference problem. Go to speedtest.net to check your internet speed and keep a log for a week to see if you get steady speeds of if suddenly drops your speed for no reason. If its interference then you can call Comcast and tell them you are having interference and then will walk you through the steps to change what channel your router broadcasts on.
04-21-2014, 01:28 AM

hopefully a call to CC can fix it.

But they were so unprofessional w/ me, I declined their service & use Clearwire for internet.
04-21-2014, 01:34 AM

i wouldnt give comcast the stink off my shhhit what rip off artist i get115 mbs unlimited half the price from rcn with telephone agents who speak american