This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How weird is it to message a guy you barely know on Facebook?
04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
How weird is it to message a guy you barely know on Facebook?
We grew up in the same school. Had a crush on him in the 9th grade, and I'm pretty sure he liked me too. We were never really friends though. I do remember doing one of those Valentine's day "matchmaker" tests and he was my number one...haha

Anyway, I moved away. I recently came back to the area about a year and a half ago and I added him on facebook (I was adding people in general). He had a long-term girlfriend which I was a little bummed about. But they split quite some time ago, I think.

I was on TInder just for the hell of it, and we were a "match"

He hasn't been active on there for a long time, so I think it would be futile to try to initiate anything there.

So can I message him on facebook or is that majorly creepy?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 04:54 AM

If there's any way for you to run into him in person, I think that'd be a good idea. So it seems by "accident". But I don't see a problem with messaging him on fbook either.

Ads

04-21-2014, 05:04 AM

Yes.
04-21-2014, 05:05 AM

Send a harmless message like "Hey. I was adding old friends on my facebook and I saw you come up. I was wondering what you've been up to all these years."

If he messages you back, you can ask if he's as adorable as you remember. If he responds well, then you can ask him if he wants to meet for coffee and catch up.

Once you get him in person for coffee, you can work your feminine charms on him. Do NOT ask about relationships. Your goal is to raise his interest in you a little bit so he wants to see you again.
04-21-2014, 05:16 AM

I don't think it'd be creepy at all. Casually message him like you just wanna catch up. like: "hey. what's up?" and wait for his response. there would be a 50-50 chance that he'd reply or ignore you. But at least you have tried. In my experience, girls could be really good ice-breakers so DO it Smile
04-21-2014, 05:19 AM

I stopped using tinder a few weeks ago… too many douches for my liking lol. My coworker showed me cliqie.com and I’m a big fan of that over the others in terms of actually meeting people vs. just entertainment. It has a different approach that feels less sketchy cause you and your friends essentially act as “wingmen”. I like that it helps you find things to do too. Skout’s okay too, but still has it’s fair share of creepers