This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding a Facebook 'Like box' to my website, where am I going wrong?!?
04-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Adding a Facebook 'Like box' to my website, where am I going wrong?!?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a facebook page for my Face painting business and also a website which I designed myself using Dreamweaver, I have found the section for facebook to get the code for the like box http://developers.facebook.com/docs/refe.../like-box/ and have put my details in and generated the code, however once I have this code, I have tried the options under 'HTML5' and 'IFRAME' and 'URL' and can't get any of them to work to bring the like box up on my page, I am doing what it says and copy and pasting in the code but am I missing something else I should be doing too? Any advice appreciated :o)
Hi Drew, that is very kind of you to offer, it seems that I have managed to do it by trying to put it live! Think initially I was trying to put it in too small a gap and then I thought it wasn't working but that was just in preview, it worked in live :o) I will choose you as best answer when it gives me the option - thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 05:05 AM

If you could post your website address as additional information, I'll take a look at your code, and see what's happening.

I hope this helps.

Additional info:
That's excellent. I gave it a try using one of my sites, and it seems I have the same outcome. After a quick check, the code (however you get it) pulls things from the Facebook server, and most desktop editing clients don't do that when generating previews. Another example of a feature put there to help that doesn't always help!

Ads

04-21-2014, 05:14 AM

Hi, Give the Code, website Details, Will confirm the what going? or Email us sdreamworks.in@gmail.com