This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I a Narcissist at all?
04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Am I a Narcissist at all?
Let me describe by my behavior:

1. I know that I can be a celebrity, but nobody else believes me.
2. I am DEFINITELY not homosexual, but I am extremely attracted to myself to where it gets regarded as unusual (I don't understand it either).
3. I find myself talking about me all the time to where people end up disliking it.
4. Nearly all of my thoughts appear to be about me.
5. A constant need for gratification is necessary for me.
6. I tend to feel uncontrollably superior and occasionally have a desire for power to where I let it get to my head (not at this moment) and become the antagonist).

Would this count as Narcissism?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 09:44 AM

Definitely narcissistic. At least you're aware of it

Ads

04-21-2014, 09:56 AM

idk wat that means but talk about self centered
04-21-2014, 10:03 AM

Yes. This is basically a textbook example of narcissist behavior.
04-21-2014, 10:05 AM

Ya
04-21-2014, 10:20 AM

A Narcissist creates Love Me/Hate Me-situations to cover up the feelings of insecurity, and inadequacy.

You are an ego-tripper, but you're not obsessively trying to create 'theater' to create a Love Me/Hate Me situation, so I'd say NO, you're not a Narcissist, just an ego-tripper.
04-21-2014, 10:35 AM

A narcissist that is aware that they are a narcissist is not a solution to it, but it's a start. Most narcissists, they would deny it until the very end of time that they are narcissists, and would only admit it kicking and screaming like children. The worst ones would categorically deny it no matter how much proof was thrown at them, at least you can consider whether you are or not. That's good. There is healthy narcissism and unhealthy narcissism, and every bit of healthy narcissism can go out of control, but it can also be kept to the minimum needed to be mentally healthy and happy, you have to find that center. More people than not have unhealthy narcissism, certainly alot of people that you have met do as well, they are just more aware of it than you. But at least you are aware on a conscious level, most people are aware but only unconsciously, they know what social rules to abide by but they are the most dangerous, because those who are close to them are the target of the narcissism. So at least you don't hide it really, it's bad, but it could be a lot worse, and everything can be improved, with time, and forgiveness for "being like this", you have as long as you need to to make yourself a better person, and there is a positive in even the biggest seeming negatives, because most people WON'T improve themselves, so you can be ahead of them in those regards. You can still reach levels of awesomeness you feel you can, that is part of who you are and everyone will try to kick you and keep you down, but you can know what real hard self work is, just because alot of people have to do it less or whatever doesn't mean they don't have to do it.

The worst narcissism is when you feel POSSESSIVENESS of people. That is when it is bad, and that is an unhealthy amount of narcissism that too many people feel they have entitlement too. As long as you don't think you own people, and think they should submit to you, you are closer to the healthy side of narcissism than the unhealthy side. You still have to tone down the over the top self love, but you still have to make sure you love yourself, but you will love yourself better than you think you do right now by improvement, and can have pride in doing so. But the ego, get it deflated a bit, NOT TOO MUCH, but a good enough bit, because you aren't better than anyone else, even if you "think" you are, at the end of the day no one is better than anyone, not if you're Tom Hanks, and not if you're Katy Perry, they aren't better than anyone, just harder working.
04-21-2014, 10:52 AM

Bingo! You're it!
04-21-2014, 11:01 AM

Yep definitely narcissists. Not too bad as long as you have remorse. Otherwise, you will go to crazy lengths to get your gratification fix.

Do you use twitter btw? There is this article I read saying how most adults narcissists use Facebook and young narcissists use twitter http://yawncentral.com/facebook-and-twit...rcissists/

Very interesting