This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woman organizing class reunion TAKING OUR MONEY?
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Woman organizing class reunion TAKING OUR MONEY?
She's planning everything and taking all the money. I have paid my $35, but I thought a number of people would attend. We graduated with 300+ people and only 20 people have RSVP for Beto's because they don't trust this woman.

We're having it at a Mexican restaurant and the most expensive thing I show on the menu is $11.99.
Our $35 per person is suppose to cover our meal, 2 drinks, and live entertainment. I called the restaurant, they always have FREE live entertainment on the patio and there is no deposit. They will charge your card $50 if no one shows up.

Doesn't that sound expensive to you? I want to question her about it on the Reunion Groups page on facebook but I am unsure how to word it. The event is tomorrow.
More people want to just show up and pay for their own food. What are your thoughts on that? A lot of plates are only $8.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Just ask her what, besides the meal and entertainment, the $35 covers. There's no need to mention that you know the details of the menu and entertainment that you got from the restaurant. She may have plans for some kind of presentation or maybe centerpieces for the tables or something. You never know until you ask.......It does seem a bit odd that it's only one person planning and taking care of everything. Normally there is a small committee that does most of the planning and they accept help from anywhere they can get it. I've helped several classes, besides my own, find people and research the deaths of classmates that have passed so they can do something special for the families of the deceased. Some of the money she's asking for may be for something like that, but she needs to provide you with more info than she has so far or you may not have a very good turn out.

Ads

To expensive,I can get pussy cheaper than that

I'm thinking---did she pay for invites? did she buy decorations? has she made posters? name badges? did she do those little presents --whaddya call em...that you put on the table and people take home with them? lol...can't think of the word...she may have spent some money on those types of things--but you won't know until tomorrow....maybe i just live in a pricey area--but 35 bucks for a night out is pretty cheap...

It's including the tip maybe? That's all I can think of.