This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does ebay allow people's faces to be in photos?
04-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Does ebay allow people's faces to be in photos?
I need to sell my wedding dress and would like to use my professional photographs for the photos on ebay. Is this allowed? I see other sellers using models for their clothing. I cannot find the answer anywhere. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 12:41 AM

I would worry more about the copy write on the photo you are using than I would about e bay rules. I don't believe you can use the photos without permission from the photographer. As far as I know you can do as you are saying other than using the said photo. I wouldn't do that but am sure you can if you wish.

Ads

04-22-2014, 12:56 AM

So long as you own all rights to the photos you can use your face in them.

By law the photographer has copyright to the photos unless they released those rights to you, either in contract form when the photos were taken or by release in a later agreement. For something like this it is highly unlikely the photographer will even bother to say anything.

Most people who crop the faces out of pictures do so just because they don't want their faces shown to the world. eBay has no rules against it so long as you own the rights to the photos.