This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does IE 11 stop working frequently?
04-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Why does IE 11 stop working frequently?
When using Yahoo Mail, I often get the message that Internet Explorer has stopped working. How can I fix this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 07:19 AM

Short answer... That's Internet Explorer for you.

It's unreliable, unsafe, slow, did I mention it was unreliable?

I suggest using Firefox, Chrome or Opera personally, page load errors are far from often on these browsers.

Ads

04-22-2014, 07:23 AM

I suspect incompatibilities btwn it and YM.

I uninstalled 11 and was immediately rolled back to 10 which was my previous browser.

I check Windows updates daily; there's almost a daily update for Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows firewall and anti vir.

I set Update to only Check for updates and let me choose wat to d/L and install.
04-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Mine was I enable yahoo website in view compatibility meaning the website uses old browser to run smoothly when their website detected this setting every time I visited yahoo message pop up " turn on view compability setting when using old browser " I remove yahoo in the setting VC. Now everytime I open my yahoo mail no more messages "please upgrade your browser to safari,firefox blah blah blah" I can now browse my email with ease enjoying good YM wall paper background, Thanks window update
04-22-2014, 07:32 AM

Microsoft got in a hurry to get the IE 11 version released, and as usual, when you try to get things done more quickly than they should be done, there are "glitches." That's what happen to IE 11. There have been problems with Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1 running IE 11 correctly. They'll get it right eventually.
04-22-2014, 07:41 AM

Google Chrome is much better use that.
04-22-2014, 07:49 AM

Just an FYI about this "Internet Explorer stopped working" message which I just discovered.

One of my IE 11 add-ons is causing this error message when I log off certain websites.

Namely, the Adblock Plus for IE Browser Helper Object.

Note: This doesn't happen with Firefox or Chrome.