This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I create a free website for my cheerleading squad?
04-23-2014, 12:01 AM
How can I create a free website for my cheerleading squad?
I am the coach of an All-Star cheerleading squad and we are looking to make a website to post all of our information, practice schedules, and what not to make sure our parents know what is going on at all times. Is there anyway I can make a completely free website where my parents and cheerleaders can see all of this information and also comment if they have any questions? Most places charge a monthly fee to have a webpage and we are looking for something that will be 100% free.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 12:04 AM

The easiest way to start a website is to open an account at Blogger.com. It's owned by Google and if you already have a gmail account, you can easily create a blog with your current id. Once you're in the platform, you can easily create tags and categories to fit your needs.

Ads

04-23-2014, 12:13 AM

Blogger.com. Keep in mind it will be whateveryounameit.blogger.com but it would work well for the purposes you described. It would technically be in blog format, which really just means that the newest thing you posted would go to the top, but it also would allow for people to comment, and for different information to be easily navigated. It's completely free, and very easy to customize, and even though what you're doing might not actually be considered a "blog" it's easy to set the format to be anything you want.
04-23-2014, 12:17 AM

I would recommend weebly, wix, or blogger. All are free and very easy to use very user friendly. I find blogger easiester to us and wix and weebly more professional. wix in my opinion makes the most professional looking sites. ill post a few examples of sites below..

Wix
SocialMediaHog.Com

Blogger
RulesForRebels.Com
04-23-2014, 12:25 AM

You can look more professional by spending a big $12 a year for a custom domain name at a registrar like Godaddy.com or Namecheap.com, you effectively then have your own address WeCheer.com instead of a PO Box WeCheer.blogspot.com and adds the flexibility of being able to relocate the site to a different server while retaining the same address.
The big advantage of blog platforms, like blogger, wordpress is you can put togerther a site with no programming.

To get a feel for Blogger site styles, try Google searching: site:blogspot.com intitle:cheerleading
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM

We answer you question with an article we wrote

http://computergeeks2go.com/101guides/we...explained/

Yes there are free option, I would recommend WordPress.com, but for flexibility and also your brand recognition I would really consider getting your own domain name and paid hosting. I know this isn't free the the cost is very minimal. I can guarantee http://www.wordpress.com/~allstars47654 for the parents to remember.

If you would like to find out just how cheap you can get a website up and running please feel free to contact us we will be happy to work with you.
04-23-2014, 12:43 AM

Wix is a great free website builder.
http://www.wix.com/

Also, if you a have a Google/Gmail account (free), you can use their website builder. I have made 3 websites using their website builder. It's very easy to navigate & understand.
http://sites.google.com/
If you don't already have a gmail account, sign up for it with the link above.
04-23-2014, 12:59 AM

you should go to weebly. they make you free websites and it is so easy. you can do pictures, blogs, and paragraphs. I have two websites i made for free there: moomoopoopoo.weebly.com and svensk.weebly.com it only costs money to remove the .weebly part. try it and tell me your website so that i can see how it turned out! weebly.com